4 days of freeride in Baqueira Beret and surroundings with SUSSO FOLGAR SOUTO (PRO SKIER) and ROGER LOPEZ DE HARO (GUIDE UIAGM)
This plan is focused for the most adventurous freeriders and mountain lovers who want to enjoy learning in the most professional and exciting way by discovering the wildest corners from the Valle de Aran area. After an intense day of full of activities and excitement, we will rest in charming and comfortable shelters, which are located in silent white corners and majestic peaks.
Freeride Baqueira Beret station
Accompanied by a guide and a local rider, we will glide through the less visited places of the resort, from the most mythical descents to the most unknown corners.
On this first day, we will dedicate it to the downhill technique on new snow, to refine our sense of smell, to awaken sensations in the mantle, to remember the protocols of downhill slopes while in group and security measures on a risky terrain. Review the use of Avalanche equipment – transceiver, probe and shovel.
Freeride in Baqueira, and surroundings.
In the areas of: Cara Norte, Blanhiblar, Dosau, Montgarri, Marimanha and Bagergue.
We will ski to continue the perfection of our technique and downhill tactics, focused on the choice of up and down routes. We will move away from the ski lifts area and we will try to do everything our bodies would allow us to do.
After going on the excellent downhill slope we will return to the ski station by snowmobiles.
Practice and protocols for the prevention of avalanche accidents will follow.
On this third day, we will practice Heli-Rando, which is a combination of mountain skiing with a helicopter flight.
First, we will go in the helicopter with our mountain equipment, which will take us to our objective. After a great downhill slope, we will continue with an uphill slope to our remote peak, putting into practice what has been learned in previous days. And right after the great downhill slope, we will go to the resort, where we will spend the night by the heat of a bonfire and where we will plan our next day, taking into account some factors such as: quality of the mantle, motivation and level of the group, meteorology, schedules etc. .
The great ride
After a well deserved rest; we will take a big alpine breakfast. Prepare the skis with the skins and we will do everything we learned from previous days, always under the supervision of a guide, but doing the ARVAS control ourselves.
We will trace each one of our traces going up and down, and we will reach the bottom of the valley where the vehicles will be waiting for us to take us back.
- Previous afternoon at the Camp, Brieffing meet and greet in CALAFATE, at 19h.
- Day 1, 9:00h. Calafate, Tanau. We will ski until 16’45h. With a mid-morning stop to eat.
- Day 2, 9:00h. . Calafate, Tanau. We will ski until 16’45h. With a mid-morning stop to eat.
- Day 3 9:00h. Helipuerto Vielha. We will ski until 16’45h. With a mid-morning stop to eat.
- Day 4, 8:00h. Resort, Breakfast, Briefing and we go out. Predicted uphill slope at 700m. Vertical drop. 4 h. max. Downhill slope and back to the car. The expected ending time is 16:00h. Approx.
- ALPINE FREERIDE SKIS OR SPLITBOARD
- TELESCOPIC POLES
- BACKPACK MIN 26L. RECOMENDED ABS.
- APROPRIATE SKIING CLOTHES. WATERPROOF, TRANSPIRABLE. THERMAL
- SUN GLASSES -VENTISCA
- 2 PAIRS OF GLOVES
- 2 PAIRS OF SOCKS
- ARVA PALA SONDA
- PIOLET COSSING
- 8 to 11 and 22 to 25 of January 2018
- 5th to 8th of February 2018
- February 26 to March 1 2018
- TEST MATERIAL: FOR FRONT / ZAG FREERIDE COMPANY
- Transfers y relocation
- Guide UIAGM 3 days
- PRO- Rider 3 days
- Personal and collective security material (transceiver, probe and shovel)
- Security RC y Accidents.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Personal equipment
- The lift
€ 219 the 4 days
Includes: boots, skis, skins, telescopic poles, shovel, arva and probe.